WHO DO I CONTACT WITH FOR ANY MEDIA PARTNERSHIPS OR GENERAL QUESTIONS?
To apply to for a media badge or sponsorship, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CAN I REGISTER ON SITE?
Registration is open from 8:00AM-10:00AM.
The venue fee for on site registration is $25.00 and the game fee is $10.00.
There will be a death bracket if more than 32 players register on site. If there are less than 32 players, then everyone will be seeded accordingly.
If you are local to the venue, you are welcome to stop by on Saturday to register in advance for any Sunday games.
WHAT DOES BYOC (BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER) MEAN?
CenCal Standoff required competitors to supply their own controllers for any event they enter. This means you’ll need to bring an arcade stick, wired console pad controller, or inventive keyboard contraption compatible with the console your event is scheduled to appear on.
IS THERE AN OFFICIAL FACEBOOK PAGE?
Yes there is! Join the CenCal Standoff page here!
HOW CAN I HELP CENCAL STANDOFF 2018?
If you’re interested in being a part of the team that puts this all together, please fill out this form.
P.S. there are goodies and grub for volunteers
WHERE IS CENCAL STANDOFF 2018 LOCATED?
CenCal Standoff is located at BitWise Industries.
[700 Van Ness Ave, Fresno, CA 93721]
WHICH AIRPORT DO I FLY INTO?
Fresno Air Terminal(FAT) which is roughly 20 minutes away from the venue.
HOW OLD DO I NEED TO BE TO COMPETE?
You must be at least 13 years old to compete.
WHAT ARE THE OFFICIAL GAMES FEATURED AT CENCAL STANDOFF 2019?
- Street Fighter V: AE
- Dragon Ball Fighterz
- Smash Ultimate
- Tekken 7
WHAT ARE THE RULES?
Street Fighter V, Dragon Ball Fighterz, and Tekken will be played by EVO rules.
Smash Ultimate will be played by Genesis Rules. This is subject to change upon modification.
WHAT ARE THE PAYOUTS?
Payout structure is subject to change.
Top 3 payout if under 129 registered competitors
Top 8 payout if over 129 registered competitors
Top 3: 70% 20% 10%
Top 8: 50%, 25%, 12%, 7%, 2%, 2%, 1%, 1%
WHEN DOES REGISTRATION END?
Registration Ends 02/15/2019
WHAT IS THE CENCAL STANDOFF 2018 SCHEDULE?
Stay tuned for this information!
WHAT IS THE CENCAL STANDOFF REFUND POLICY?
Regrettably, the CenCal Standoff Registration Fee is Non-Refundable and Non-Transferable. Please be very careful before registering and let us know how we can help make it possible for you to attend!
WILL THERE BE A DEATH BRACKET?
If there are more than 32 players registering on site, there will be a death bracket.
If there are less than 32 players registered on site, all players will be seeded accordingly.
*subject to change
WHAT HOTELS ARE NEAR THE VENUE?
General rules for CenCal Standoff 2018
- All games will be played on the default settings, unless otherwise specified, below.
- All macros available via the in-game controller configuration menu are allowed.
- Hardware programmable input entry, rapid-fire, or other hardware assisted mechanisms are strictly forbidden.
- Accidentally pausing the game at any time during the fight will force you to forfeit the round.
- Any player using “Random Select” to pick their character, must “Random Select” again if they win the match, provided that there is no way to pick a certain character in the random box.
- You must provide your own controller for games played on all systems.
- Brook Converters are allowed.
- Cronus Max Plus and Titan One converters are banned.
- All wireless controllers other than the DualShock4 and WiiU Pro Controller are banned.
- DualShock4 players that don’t unpair their controller right after the match, are subject to disqualification.
- Nintendo 3DS, 2DS, or WiiU gamepad are not allowed.
- Removing the battery or otherwise disabling these controllers is NOT OK. You may not use these controllers under any circumstances.
- 3rd party controllers which pair to a dongle like the MadCatz controllers are fine.
- There is no coaching during any tournament match beyond pools.
- There is a maximum of 60 seconds allowed between games in a set.